Consider Cashion Dental When Seeking a Top Dentist in College StationPublished by Cashion Dental on May 21, 2014
[Posted on May21st, 2014 by Cashion Dental]
When looking for a top dentist in College Station, consider these tips to find the right one for you. These suggestions are offered by the Colgate Oral and Dental Health Resource Center.
- Seek out a convenient location. Start by seeking a location that is convenient to your home or workplace.
- Be sure the dentist has office hours that fit your available time and typical schedule. If your workday is 8 AM to 6 PM, and a good dentist in College Station has office hours of 10 AM to 4 PM, you probably need to keep looking for the best choice for you.
- Evaluate the dentist’s educational, experience and other qualifications. Ask office staff and/or visit the Texas Dental Association to learn about qualifications and experience.
- Consider cost issues, such as the ability to use your insurance plan and available financing options for major appliances or procedures. If you are a self-pay patient, ask about typical costs for common procedures for people without dental insurance.
- Estimate your comfort level with College Station Dentists you consider. Personal comfort with a dentist will make your visits more rewarding. Don’t be afraid to “interview” a dental professional, asking questions and evaluating responses for clarity.
- Does the dentist have a license issued by the state of Texas Licensing System? You can ask the dentist’s staff and confirm their answers by visiting the Texas licensing website and doing a “licensing search.”
- Ask about the dentist’s emergency program. Know your and his/her responsibility if a dental emergency occurs. Learn what you’re supposed to do and what plan the dentist has in the event of an emergency.
- If possible, get a personal referral you trust from family, friends or your current dentist, if you’re moving to College Station. Do not automatically accept a general recommendation. Ask the referring party some questions generated by the preceding tips.
Finding a top dentist in College Station with whom you are confident and comfortable is an important healthcare–and psychological–decision. It takes a little time and some work on your part. However, do not wait until you have a dental problem or emergency to make your choice. You will only heighten your anxiety and apprehension by rushing into a decision when you have an immediate need for treatment.
As part of your selection process, you should consider Cashion Dental. We offer gentle family care in our new, state-of-the-art facility. Christopher Cashion, DDS, a Texas native and Texas A&M grad (Class of 1997), earned his DDS from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, graduating with honors in 2003.
Our staff is equally trained and experienced. For example, one of our Registered Dental Hygienists, Valeria has been with Cashion Dental since Dr. Cashion began the practice in 2004. Our Registered Dental Assistants, Tasha and Stefani, are also well-trained, veterans of Cashion Dental that our patients know well.
When you’re looking for a new dental professional in College Station, use the preceding tips to create a checklist during your search. You will find the dentist that’s right for you by spending time evaluating your choices.